I love lists. It is painfully obvious if you look around through the blog archives. I am a habitual list maker. I like the feeling of accomplishment of drawling a line through an item. Once upon a time, I wrote down a bucket list–a list of things I wanted to do before I “kicked the bucket” Now that I think of it, i don’t even remember where it is. Well Just in time, Savannah and Audreya have both put down their “life lists.” So I think I’m going to redo this bugger right here. I’m going to put down the ones I have already done and cross those out.
See Jerry Seinfeld in concert
- See the pyramids in Gisa, Egypt
Go on an African Safari
- Try a jury trial
- Build a Habitat for Humanity House
- To complete a marathon
- To complete two half marathons
- To complete the 100 push up challenge
- To complete the 200 sit up challenge
- To complete the 200 squat challenge
- Try drinking green monsters for a week.
- Drink 64 ounces of water a day.
- Get back into my yoga habit. I am shooting for two times a week for a month to cross it off this list but seriously. I just want to get back to it. I need exercise in my life
- Get a bike
- Try a triathalon
- Get my passport renewed
- Go back to Africa
- Go to Washington DC
Go to a Little Rock Tweet up
- Go to the Little Rock Film Festival
Go to Memphis in May
- Go to Voodoo Music festival in New Orleans
- Build a Habitat for Humanity house
- See the William Faulkner things in Oxford, Mississippi
- See the Hemingway things in Piggott, Arkansas
- Lose 100 pounds
- Read all Faulkner novels
Get a Smart phone (blackberry or iphone) Get Linked In profile up date
- Grow linked in Network
- Go to National Association for Criminal Defense lawyers annual meeting. Okay to be fair this wasn’t the annual meeting but a spring meeting but I counted it.
- Try a jury trial
- Win a jury trial
Get certified for conflicts list in Arkansas State court
- Get certified for CJA list in federal court
- Get practice management software/system set up
- Get time management system set up (probably something like Randy Pausch’s system)
- Clean office (big clean)
- After big clean, pick once a week to clean office X/143
- See all Harry Potter movies as they come out saw Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince on 7/17/2009)
- Get professional site up and running (already bought domain)
- Blog on my legal site once a week (starting from completion of set up)
- Move to a better living situation.
- Get over fear of dentist and get all my dental work done
- Get a pair of black Manolo pumps. (I never said they couldn’t be shallow things)
- Get a Vespa.
get a professional massage
- get facial
- Try sushi (no i’ve never tried it)
- See Nine Inch Nails or the Dandy Warhols in Concert.
- Learn ballroom or salsa dancing.
- Figure out the perfect margarita recipe.
- Finish learning Hungarian Rhapsody #2. (yeah I dream big. I might be closer to this than you think)
- Learn Un Sospiro by Liszt
- give blood
- Try acupuncture
- Participate in the 365 day photo challenge
- Identify 101 things that make me happy
- Put my attorney profile on Law Link
- Try the 21 day challenge
- Clear out 101 items for yardsale, recycling, or trash. (I’m a clutter bug, this is actually a low number)
- Get this emotional eating under control
walk Across the brooklyn bridge
- See all 50 states
- Go to PARIS! (the city in France not the heiress)
- Advertise my business on MonticelloLive
- mail a secret to Post Secret
- Go to my 10 year law school reunion
Go to my 15 year college reunion
- Go to my 20 year high school reunion (yes they all fall within the 1001 days)
- To complete at least 75 percent of my 101 in 1001 with the deadline of April 11, 2012
- See Conan O’Brien in concert
Try the Moon pie from Capital Bar and GrillDone. It wasn’t nearly as great as I thought it would be.
- Go to Greece
- Eat, gaze at art, flirt with men, and buy shoes in Italy
Participate in a protest
- Write a novel
- Have something published well I had a book review published in the Young Lawyers Section newsletter but I’m not sure I want to count that for this particular item. hrmmm)
- Own a T-Anthony all purpose tote in black with white leather accents. Seriously I saw this bag in Vogue about 3 years ago and I am still lusting after this freaking bag. It’s classic enough I could still buy it but on some level I can’t justify buying it.
- Read all the books on the Radcliffe list
- read all the books on the Modern Library 100 list for fiction
Volunteer for a Presidential campaign See Aretha Franklin sing live(she is the real deal) See the 4th of July fireworks in Washington DC in person