This week has been crazy. All I do is TWEET!
But I have been following the Conan O’Brien/Jay Leno/NBCistheworstbossever debacle.
You know the minute I publically promise to post on this blog every day and I get a life: a busy life away from the computer. I will confess that I do keep up with twitter and facebook via my BlackBerry but past that, I haven’t been online that much outside of work. I have managed to get more disciplined about surfing on the job so that’s a plus.
1001 days from today is Wednesday, April 11, 2012
My first problem. I can’t think of 101 things to do. So I guess #1 is to figure out 101 things.
- To complete a marathon
- To complete two half marathons (I’ve signed up for the Little Rock Marathon so barring injury, I am halfway there)
- To complete the 100 push up challenge (I haven’t even done the initial fitness test on these. I need to get started)
- To complete the 200 sit up challenge
- To complete the 200 squat challenge
- Try drinking green monsters for a week.
- Drink 64 ounces of water a day.
- Run 3 times a week (2/143 (there are 143 weeks in 1001 days) Subgoal is for 3 months. If I can do it straight for then I will cross it off the list.
- Yoga twice a week X/143 with subgoal of 2 times a week for three months. Hopefully it will be a habit by then.
- Get a bike
- Try a triathalon
- Get my passport renewed (as of today, I have an application)
- Go back to Africa
- Go to Washington DC
Go to a Little Rock Tweet up
- Go to the Little Rock Film Festival
- Go to Memphis in May
- Go to Voodoo Music festival in New Orleans
- Build a Habitat for Humanity house
- See the William Faulkner things in Oxford, Mississippi
- See the Hemingway things in Piggott, Arkansas
- Lose 100 pounds (what? one pound every 10 days)
- Read 100 books
- Read all Faulkner novels
Get a Smart phone (blackberry or iphone) I got a BlackBerry Storm around Christmas time.
Get Linked In profile up date
- Grow linked in Network (working on it)
- Go to National Association for Criminal Defense lawyers annual meeting.
- Try a jury trial
- Win a jury trial
- Get certified for conflicts list in Arkansas State court (got papers)
- Get certified for CJA list in federal court
Get practice management software/system set up
- Get time management system set up (probably something like Randy Pausch’s system)
- Clean office (big clean)
- After big clean, pick once a week to clean office X/143
- See all Harry Potter movies as they come out saw Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince on 7/17/2009)
- Get professional site up and running (already bought domain)
- Blog on my legal site once a week (starting from completion of set up)
- Move to a better living situation.
- Get over fear of dentist and get all my dental work done
- Get a pair of black Manolo pumps. (I never said they couldn’t be shallow things)
- Get a Vespa.
- Keep brows groomed with once a month waxing appointments1/34
- get a professional massage
- get facial
- Try sushi (no i’ve never tried it)
- See Nine Inch Nails or the Dandy Warhols in Concert. (I figure one or the other will tour in the next three-ish years) Okay guys Nine INch Nails has already done their last concert EVER and I missed it. EPIC FAIL!
- Learn ballroom or salsa dancing.
- Figure out the perfect margarita recipe.
- Finish learning Hungarian Rhapsody #2. (yeah I dream big. I might be closer to this than you think)
- Learn Un Sospiro by Liszt
- give blood
- put $5000 in savings. (hopefully more)
- Try acupuncture
- Send a letter or other type of non business/ non holiday related snail mail once a month 0/34
- Participate in the 365 day photo challenge
- Identify 101 things that make me happy
- Put my attorney profile on Law Link
- Try the 21 day challenge
- Clear out 101 items for yardsale, recycling, or trash. (I’m a clutter bug, this is actually a low number)
- Advertise my business on MonticelloLive
- mail a secret to Post Secret
- See my grandmother in person at least once every two months. (seriously it’s been so long since I’ve seen my grandma and she only lives 50 miles away)
- Go to my 10 year law school reunion
- Go to my 15 year college reunion
- Go to my 20 year high school reunion (yes they all fall within the 1001 days)
- Organize and attend Arkansas Governor’s School class of 1990 reunion. (apparently no one else is going to organize it so it might as well be me)
- Try a pomegranite margarita
- Make the roast chicken from Julia Child’s Mastering the Art of French cooking
- Plan a 5K for charity. (I have this for work and am in the process of doing it)
- Try a mojito.
- Try the homemade Moon pie from Capital Bar and Grill.
- Cook a souffle
- Try one new recipe a month. (Yes I’m really up on the cooking)
- Run in 6 5ks
- Have molefest with Tom
- Get a budget set up either via Quicken or mint or something else.
- See Fellini’s 8 1/2
- Eat more ice cream (Thanks LRtweetup)
- Finish the rest of the list (July 15, 2009)
- Keep monthly blog updates on my progress (bwahahahahahhahahah yeah that has sooo happened)
- Finish list
Well I’m a day late but I am taking the NANOBLOMO challenge and am going to be posting something every day for this month. (bwahahahah)
I spent yesterday at my grandmother’s house eating the traditional New Year’s Day foods and was away from the internet.
So today it’s resolution time.
Here we go.
- I will not kill any small children or animals in 2010
- I will finish the Little Rock half marathon with a faster time than last year’s Little Rock Half Marathon. (This shouldn’t be too hard, I more or less cramped out about 2/3 of the way through. The time was 3 hours 26 minutes 20 seconds)
- I will make Duck L’Orange from Julia Child’s Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Vol. 1
- I will eat all the ice cream I want. (*wink* to LR tweetup)
- Less whining and more productivity. This is the “If you’re not going to do something about it, then don’t bitch” which means if something makes me unhappy enough to bitch about it then I will find out what I can do to change it. This may end up being that I just need to lighten the hell up.
- I will try to be healthier by keeping a food journal all year. I will attempt to use Weight Watchers point system and see if I can’t lose weight, too
- I will start the 100 push up challenge
- I will start the 200 sit up challenge
- I will blog here at least once a week
- I will see Fellini’s 8 1/2
- I will attend my college reunion