This is Breezy the most awesome dog in the universe. I spent last New Year’s day at her house. She’s a party animal.
Max, my pretty pretty kitty, got murdered by two Rottweilers while enjoying the outdoors. Seriously, they were trying to eat him. They cracked his spine and broke one of his legs off at the hip. The leg was hanging on by the skin. My town really needs to enforce its leash laws better.
I went to my friend Tiffany’s wedding in Tulsa. We were known as the “backup bridesmaids”
I met Bellesouth and Debbie at the Tulsa zoo. Unfortunately, I was so excited by the animals I didn’t get a picture of us. LOOK that Cougar. There’s no fence. NO FENCE!
It snowed in March. That is creepy enough to get a mention and picture here.
I went to Greek Food Fest and had gyros and watched some folk dancing. It was fun.
I spent the Fourth of July at my Grandmother’s house. She was canning tomatoes. She always keeps a garden.
This was an Obama rally on the steps of the capital. The special guest was Hillary Clinton.
These were some great guys and this sign still cracks me up.
Went to Kennett Missouri to campaign for Obama. Also stopped by Tennessee to have dinner and beer with Kevin.
My friend’s son celebrated his 10th birthday at the bowling alley. I got to come along. I got conned into serving the ice cream. GAH!
This is the County Clerk and the Chief of Police getting into a heated argument over why he can’t close the parking area of the fire station for a training exercise on the same day the fire station is being used as a polling place. Oh it was craziness. This was also in Missouri.
I ran Craig’s Jingle Bell 5K.
DMZ 20 year reunion show at Vino’s with Matt Besser. Good times.
Christmas came and went. That’s the food. NOM NOM
There you go. While there were ups and downs, it seems to be a good year.
Don’t you just hate it when you are put in a situation that frustrates you and then ten minutes later, you think of the perfect response? Or you want to be tactful and so you don’t exactly tell the truth. Or you’re just chickenshit and don’t express your true feelings. Yeah I have those moments too. Here are some of those thoughts.
- You, me, everybody and their mama knows that you don’t give a crap about this community. You only care about yourself. That letter you wrote didn’t fool anybody.
- You’re a bigot that puts the ass in assbackwards. I am ashamed to be related to you
- You’re smart, funny, cute, and have a treasure trove of varied interests. I am truly surprised you don’t realize how fucking awesome you are. I want to kiss you smack dab on the mouth and stay up til the wee hours of the morning talking about bullshit. Your bullshit is more entertaining than John Stewart.
- I’m sorry I’m not a petty, vindictive good old boy. Oh wait, I’m not.
- Maybe it’s been years since you’ve been in a relationship because you’re too self centered to notice anyone else or their needs. I’m just saying.
- You are my hero. I wish I could tell you how much you mean to me but I’m a loser like this.
- We’re not friends because I think you take me for granted and I hate the person I become when interacting with you. I feel you don’t respect my boundaries and that I have to constantly keep my guard up or you will suck me dry. That’s no way to live. I do remember you fondly and you will always have a small part of my heart.
- YES WE DID. CHANGE DID COME! I am so impressed by you. Have a great inauguration! (oops this one is easy to figure out). BUT shame on you for not liking “girly dogs” Breezy is a girly dog but she is awesome AND hypoallergenic. Breezy the white bichon frise would be the perfect white house dog.
- Woah you really let yourself go. Get off your ass and lose some poundage. damn.
- Okay that little know it all kiss the teacher’s ass while stabbing your colleagues in the back bullshit you got going on is old.
- When I heard that you married a wealthy doctor who is ten years your senior, I thought to myself, “yeah he always wanted to be a kept man.” I feel very sad that our relationship has deteriorated to the point that this is the first thought I think.
- Look I don’t care who you are, the ten items or less means ten ITEMS or less not ten BAGS OF ITEMS or less. Shame on you, you fucking bitch. And shame on your ms. cashier for not calling her on it. Oh and the part where you act like I’m in the wrong for saying something, well you’re lucky I didn’t send a letter to corporate with your name on it.
- Alright, your power is going out. I waited until it got especially cold to tell Detroit that your account is with a fake identity. Sucks to be you, you big criminal. At least jail will be warmer than your no power place.
Yeah this year was bad. The economy went to the toilet. People are losing their houses and their jobs. It’s chaos. Some fool managed to steal my identity and I am having fun with creditors. Also, I no longer have a job I hated. This is a good and bad thing. The bad thing is that my income went down—way down.
Here are some recaps.
Poop on the sidewalk in front of my office: BAD
George W. Bush getting a shoe thrown at his head: GOOD. REAL GOOD
Sarah Palin’s interview with Katie Couric: BAD BAD BAD
Tina Fey’s mocking of Sarah Palin’s interview with Katie Couric: GREAT!
Team Fabulous racing for the Cure.
Tripping over Breezy’s Christmas present and breaking it.
Michael Phelps winning a gazillion gold medals. GOOD
Chinese gymnast age controversy. BAD
Usain Bolt = Good/bad
Heath Ledger’s performance as the Joker in The Dark Knight. GOOD
Heath Ledger dying. BAD. Very very bad.
Going to Erica’s Halloween party. GOOD (even GREAT)
Everyone and their Mama (including my own MAMA) forgetting my birthday. BAD… real bad. (okay I got some props from facebook but seriously no freaking phone calls or acknowledgement in the non-internet realm. That is sucking y’all.
Canvassing for Obama: good
Poll watching/voter protecting for Obama: even better.
Obama winning: fan-freaking awesome.
Sarah Silverman fucking Matt Damon. Bad for Jimmy Kimmel Great for US!
Jimmy Kimmel’s revenge. EVEN BETTER!
I love running and today was a very nice seven mile run. It was the same pace I usually run but it didn’t feel tiring. Also, I ran up and down some hills so it should have been more strenuous and slower than my other runs. Somehow I did it and I feel very proud of myself. Yes I am a dork.
I paid the registration fee for the Little Rock half marathon. I have talked and written about it for quite a while but I finally took the leap and paid it. Now I have to go. Well I don’t have to do anything but the fee is non refundable. I have told everybody and their mother. People have even said they would show up to cheer me on. Really? Cheer little old me?! I’m not worthy. Of course, I have a self esteem problem. Or not.
A couple of days ago, a friend of mine wrote about something that was very tragic and painful. I feel empathy for her and her struggle. Unfortunately for me, it is freakishly close to one of my own “very bad events in my life.” As a result, I’ve been a hot mess. I’ve been binging on food like it’s going out of style. I’ve made a very bad trip down to the swampy ugly pothole filled parts of memory lane and I am desperately searching back to Present-ville.
I’m looking towards the future and making plans to change a whole lot about my life. I have managed to put myself in a rut. I need to get out of it.
I love DC. They’re all about the free expression of all religious beliefs including the celebration of made up holidays that originated on TV sitcoms. Santa celebrating Festivus: PRICELESS